Sunday 1 March 2009

Some info from Finian

"My family and I are now in Philadelphia waiting for our flight to Maui after three wonderful weeks in the British Virgin Islands. Our time there with my family has been special with some boat trips and also excellent slalom training for the upcoming season. The conditions around the islands are great for the light to medium wind sailing with wind almost everyday and I was blessed to even have a few days of over 30-knots, which is rare in my country. Unfortunately the big (mast-high barreling reef break for 500 meters) swell that arrived on Feb. 19 did not have enough wind to ride, but I tried. Next time and I am happy to see the BVI has some world-class waves. Now it is onto Maui where the final preparations begin for the 2009 world cup slalom and speed seasons. The business end of the year is almost here."

No comments:

Post a Comment