Friday 3 July 2009

Tine Slabe news

Ciao,
To go for an event and not be part of it as a competitor was a completely new experience for me. I flew to Alacati for the fourth event of the EFPT to be a judge. Two full double eliminations were finished so I had quite some work, but I must admit it is sometimes a very hard job to decide who is better. I believe it was not my last job as a judge!

I came home only for a day to pack the car and there I was on the way again. This time I headed south to peninsula Peljesac in Croatia were a small slalom event was held. In the beautiful channel between Peljesac and Korcula there was only little wind in the four days of competition.
We finished only the two-qualifying heats. I won one of them and was waiting for the final next three days, but the wind did not want to collaborate. I performed a small low wind freestyle session to entertain the people. At the end the organizer decided to extract the prices to the eight finalists. A RRD X-fire 105 was given out as a first price and the lucky winner was the young Enrico Marotti, I got a short wetsuit.

Now I will spent a week home and than slowly I fly to the Canary Islands.

Tine Slabe

SLO 6

www.tineslabe.com

In the air


Light wind freestyle session


Back wind jizz

Up side down

Preparing to launch

and the sail flies

Coming back to the beach

Training in too less wind

Waiting for wind

Two winners from the qualifiers (Tine on the left and Lonja SRB 1 on the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment