Tuesday 25 May 2010

Skyeboy 2nd in Ireland

After a disappointing no wind event in Rhosneigr, we came to Ireland
with a pretty good forecast. The swell didn't really kick in as we had
hoped, but still there was enough to run the contest. Conditions were
pretty hard for competing, with inconsistent waves making it a bit of
a lottery. The first couple of heats went well and I found some good
waves, but the final didn't go quite so well. Until the final 5
minutes I was really struggling, but had a couple of good ones right
at the end to sort me out. Final results were Timo in 4th, Phil 3rd,
myself 2nd and Ben 1st. Congratulations Ben, he was ripping all day.
Now we have to hope for the double elimination where I get a chance to
improve the result and hopefully have another go at Ben.

In the end I had to settle for 2nd place. They managed to run 3/4 of
the double elimination, but the wind dropped right at the end and that
was it for competition. It would have been nice to have another go at
beating Ben, but still 2nd is a good start to the year. We had a
couple of really good surfs on the last day, some of the best waves I
have ever had. Next stop is Morocco. I have a nightmare journey from
ireland to Gatwick, with almost no sleep and over 24 hours of
travel!!! should be fun once I am there though.

No comments:

Post a Comment