Thursday 20 May 2010

PWA Ulsan World Cup - Finian words after race 6

Ciao, The penultimate day here in Jinha beach produced some tricky conditions. I was unlucky to go out in the quarterfinal as I was first in the heat but it was canceled due to lack of wind and then in the re-run I could barely make the first mark as the wind shifted 20 degrees before the start.

The second round I came back to score a 3rd but I must count the 18.5 from round 5 due to my mistake of the first day, a killer as that takes me off the podium. The wind forecast is not good for tmrw but I am hoping for 1 more race to get the 2nd discard and get back on the podium. I am not happy with 6th but this is racing at the highest level. The boards feel really good and I am happy with the new 2010 XF. All the best, Finian

Provisional Results

1st Antoine Albeau (JP, NeilPryde) 6.1 pts

2nd Bjorn Dunkerbeck (Starboard, Severne) 16.7 pts

3rd Jimmy Diaz (Starboard, Severne) 23.0 pts

4th Micah Buzianis (JP, NeilPryde) 31.0 pts

5th Steve Allen (Severne) 32.0 pts

6th Finian Maynard (RRD, Gaastra) 35,2 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment