Monday 16 April 2012

Orange Speed Crossing: Albeau on the podium



The Orange Speed Crossing and the Mondial du Vent is Over and Antoine come back home with a good 3rd place behind the World Speed Record holder Rob Douglas and Anders Bringdal. After an unlucky 14th place in the first round, the RRD rider was able to pull out a great performance rising to the 3rd place at 0,3 points behind the second place.

Here are some thoughts of the multiple World Champ about the Mondial du Vent 2012:

"This year we had a great event in Leucate with strong wind that allowed us to have 3 good run on Sunday. Unfortunately during the first run I was not able to find the good timing to take the right gust in the right moment and I had a bad 14th place. Luckily I was able to find the good speed and tming in the 2nd run, where I manage to keep the first position in front of Rob Douglas, but he passed me only in the end. On wednesday it was almost the same thing, and I have been in first position almost for one hour and then in the last minutes 4 kiters where able to jump in front of me!
Anyway, all in all for e it was a good result, because the Tramontana wind is very gusty and so it's not easy to race, but I was long time in first position during the 2nd, 3rd and 4th run. With 4 good runs and 1 discard, I think that this is a good result for me.
About the challenge against the kiters, I have to tell that this year we windsurfers were here and much more competitive than last year. The water plan was smoother than last year and as well there where not dangerous sand blanks close to the shore, so we were able to run very close to the shore like the kite.
And we found that in this range of conditions we are still competitive also against the kiters!"




Photos : Annie Fouarge/Les fanas du windsurf

Here you can have a taste of the coverage of this event in France:

No comments:

Post a Comment