Wednesday 1 February 2012

Kerneur report from Mexico

Second event and new spot: this time we meet at the infamous La Ventana spot,
on the north of Baja California.
The place is cool and the wind is strong!


Unfortunately we wait for wind many days before finally it starts to blow!
The first days was time for the kite cross with strong wind conditions. I was on my 7m and I won the first heat in front of Damien Leroy and Adam Koch. Unfortunately in the second heat I had a problem
with Rob Douglas at the buoy, so I ended the final in fifth position!



In the Double elimination I scored 2 second places in a row and a 3rd place in the Final!




The next day it's time for the 11 miles long speed crossing! I scored a 5th place, but I have to tell that al the first 10th rider were very close.


The race was very heavy and physical and a lot of riders have to retire!
And then, the next day, finally was the time for the race!
The first day of race I was third just behing Damien Leroy and Adam Koch, so a good result for me...



But then the next days the wind become stronger and stronger and the race course was shortened a lot with a lot of rider on the course, so I found myself often involved in tangling with our kiters and my
final result was not that good...


After mid day was time for the BIG AIR!
After my first place in Los Barrilles I was very confident and I won 4 heats in a row, scoring a good 3rd place in the final!



So that's all from Mexico, its time to come back home, but I'll come back soon here for the first
PKRA event in Mexico!



In the meanwhile,
it's time to train and to tune!!!
A+
Julien




--------------------------------------
Pour le Second événement, nous avions RDV sur le spot connue de La Ventana, un peu plus au nord de Baja California .
Le coins est vraiment sympa et le vent est très fort !
Nous n'avons pas eu beaucoup de chance au niveau des conditions météo,
le vent c'est fait attendre plusieurs jours !
Le premiers jours, nous avons courues le kitecross dans du vent fort
en 7m
Je gagne le 1er heat devant Damien leroy et Adam Koch, second heat je
m'emêle a la boué avec Rob Douglas !
donc la final, je fais 5 à la double élimination je fais 2 heat de
2eme et une 3eme place en Final !
Le lendemain nous avons validée la speed crossing de 11 milles
nautique ! Je termine 5eme . les 10 premiers étaient très proche
Le parcourt était très physique , beaucoup n'arrivait pas à tenir la
distance !
Les jours suivant nous avons attendu le vent, la première journée de
race je finis 3eme juste derrière Damien leroy et Adam Koch .
puis le derniers jours le vent était beaucoup plus fort ! le parcourt
était très petit avec beaucoup de rider , j'ai pas eu de chance, je me
suis retrouver plusieurs foi dans les enmêlage .
L'après midi, place au BIG AIR !
Après ma première place à Barriles je gagne mes 4 premiers heats pour
terminé 3eme en final.
A bientôt Prochaine étape, Le PKRA au Mexique !!!
place au training maintenent
Julien



No comments:

Post a Comment