Monday 26 October 2009

Rrd austrian style contest


Sick,.....

I am sick! Literally!
I have been in bed with fever since I returned from the Rrd austrian style competition this sunday.
After a day of rest last wednesday from a 36 hour car drive back from the efpt contest in Naxos with my fellow Rrd team rider Andraz Zan, I arrived at the contest site on lake Neusiedl on thursday morning.
The conditions that greeted me were sick too,... 8 bft super choppy water and temperatures on the lowest limit! Still, all competitors were motivated and competition got underway.
Mentionable is the format that was held, not a classic man on man elimination, instead 7 minute runs were scored with points and the best two runs were counted in total.
After three runs overpowered on 4.0 sails no one was able to sail more as it was just too cold. I was happy to finish the day in this difficult conditions leading with the highest score of 60 pts.
Friday was equally cold just the wind was way less, so we did another two runs for everyone this time on 5.3, before the wind died down. I could catch some good gusts in my heats and managed to score another perfect 60 pts...
No suitable conditions the rest of the weekend, so I was announced the winner on sunday afternoon.
I am happy to defend my title from last year, and look forward for next year.

thanks to,
the organizers who did a great job and of corse to my sponsors RRD, Boardshop.at and North

hope to see you on the water soon

Sumsi


final top five

1. Michael Sumereder RRD/North
2. Alex Seyss RRD/Naish
3. Max Matissek Fanatic/North
4. Lorenz Forstenlechner JP/Naish
5. Chri Reisch F2/Challenger




No comments:

Post a Comment