Thursday 24 November 2011

Julien Kerneur and the too quick Maui trip





Hi all,
after a long season full of victories and race events, the month of November was for me the beginning of my holidays! It was many year that I was dreaming about Hawaiian Islands, but I never gone. So this year I thought it was the right time!



After 24 hours on a plane I landed on the island of Maui the 7th of November. I found perfect freestyle conditions, so I play the first 2 days on the perfect flat water of Kanaha Beach on my RRC Style 42 and Obsession Pro 9m. No waves at all for the first 2 days.








Then finally a swell has come , with a nice wave rolling from the North and allowing me to put my sign on DA spot of Lanes (Hookipa). The first day the surf was cool and perfect for my incredible Religion MKII 8 and Gitana 6'1 strapless. The wave size was not too big, but perfect to enjoy it and find the right timing for the spot.









1 day later a big swell hit the North shore of the island, with a good mast high wave size at Hookipa and Lanes! So I just put the strap on my Gitana and then I go to rip it up a wave after the other!

The waves were perfect and very powerful!


But then, when I was just passing by another one, this one crashed on me and I suffered an injury at my knee! So I ended my ride at the E.R. of Kahului!!! 



And the medical feed back was not so good, so after a few days I was forced to come back to France to have deeper medical examinations. The verdict was not so good. I suffered the extension of a side ligament, while the cross ligament was broken! 
















Actually I'm on the rehab to start again with my training end of January,
and then I'll have to go for an operation to my knee end of season 2012.



See you soon
Julien Kerneur

---

Salut,
Après une saison bien charger en victoire et d' évènement, Novembre était le début des vacances,
Hawai, j'en rêvais depuis déjà quelques années, mais je n'ai jamais eu l'occasion d 'y allé !
Je suis donc arrivé sur l'île de Maui le 7 novembre après 24h d'avion , les conditions de vent était parfaite pour le freestyle les 2 premiers jours pour utilisé la Style 42 et la Obsession pro 9m, le spot bien flat à kanaha beach ...
La houle était absente les 2 premiers jours à mon regret d'allé surfé !
Puis les 2 jours suivant le swell arrivât, une bien jolie houle de nord pour exploiter le spot mythique de Lanes (hookipa) , le premier jour de surf était sympa avec ma sublime religion 8m et ma Gitana 6.1 strapless, les vagues n'était pas très grosse, mais suffisante pour s'amuser et s'adapter au spot !
Au réveil le jours suivant, le swell résonnait sur l'iles, une bonne grosse houle frappait le nord shore !
Bonne tailles sur Lanes et Hookipa avec une taille de mat ! Je me met à l'eau strapé, j'enchaîne les vagues les une après les autres, elle était parfaitement bien formé, puissante !
Au moment de passer l'une d'entre elle, elle à cassé sur moi pour me blesser au genou !

Obliger de rentrer au bord et d'allé au Urgence à Kahului !!!
Les examen médicaux ne sont pas positif, je dois me faire rapatrier en France quelques jours plus tard pour les examen complémentaires ...
Le verdict est mauvais, j'ai une déchirure du LLI (ligament latéral interne) et le LCA rompu (Ligament croisé antérieur)

Pour le moment c'est rééducation pour la reprise de l'entraînement à partir de janvier-février, puis opération du genou en fin de saison 2012

A bientôt

Julien Kerneur

No comments:

Post a Comment