Monday, 22 June 2009
KPWT Sylt Germany 2009 - Day 6 - Final Rankings
Press release – 21st June 2009
KPWT SEAT Kitesurf World Cup 2009
Kiteboard Pro World Tour – 16th – 21st June 2009
The SEAT KITESURF WORLD CUP has come to an end today due to unfavorable conditions and the Kiteloop discipline was unfortunately not run.
It has been a successful week in Sylt, and the Brand Guides team has contributed largely to this success, and KPWT thanks them for this.
Well done to the local riders, Kristin Boese (GER, BEST), Mario Rodwald (GER, NKB) and Stefan Permien (GER, KITEFACTORY) for their world class performance on the water! A special mention must go to Mito Monteiro (CABO VERDE, F-ONE) and Jan Marcos Rivera (DOM REP, STARKITES) who gave the spectators an exhilarating final in the single elimination Wave Master discipline!
Prize giving commenced on the SEAT stage, which was erected on the beach promenade and began at 15h00.
Results were finalized and riders were presented with their prize money and trophies from the SEAT KITESURF WORLD CUP. Many thanks to all the sponsors for their contribution and support.
This first event on the 2009 tour has been a huge success and we look forward to the upcoming 2nd leg in Tarifa, Spain. The MOVISTAR KITE PRO will start on the 30th June (Registration day) and run until the 5th July 2009.
WAVE MASTERS: MEN
1. Mito Monteiro (CABO VERDE, F-ONE)
2. Jan Marcos Riveras (DOM REP, STARKITES)
3. Jesse Richman (USA, CABRINHA)
4. Abel Lago (SPA, RRD)
WAVE MASTERS: WOMEN
1. Kirsty Jones (UK, NORTH)
2. Kari Schibevaag (NOR, OZONE)
3. Ainhoa Garcia (SPA, AIRUSH)
COURSE RACING: MEN
1. Bruno Sroka (FRA, CABRINHA)
2. Abel Lago (SPA, RRD)
3. Sean Farley (MEX, NORTH)
COURSE RACING: WOMEN
1. Kristin Boese (GER, BEST)
2. Ainhoa Garcia (SPA, AIRUSH)
3. Adrien Caroline (FRA, NAISH)
1. Mario Rodwald (GER, NKB)
2. Stefan Permien (GER, KITEFACTORY)
3. Peter Tyushkevich (RUS, FLEXIFOIL)
1. Gisela Pulido (SPA, AIRUSH)
2. Kristin Boese (GER, BEST)
3. Hannah Whiteley (UK, JN)