Friday 29 October 2010

Seb Garat French Champion 2010 for the 4th year in a Row!


HI All.
I'm proud to announce you that I won again the French Championship
last week. For the 4th year in a row, RRD Obsession & Poison are
number one in Freestyle in France.
You will find below my report of the contest with some pictures.
I'm now off to Argentina for the 8th PKRA event... Next goal for the
end of the season is to get back to the Top 5 PKRA...
Cheers.
Seb

4 in a Row !
I was in Canet en Roussilon, south of France for the French Championnship from 23 to 27 october, to try to keep my title. I never saw so much riders registred for this competition, with a really good level. 32 riders men (full ladder), 28 juniors and 12 girls.
No wind on the 2 first days, and we been to the Cable Park for a gentle warm up ! On the monday, competition started on the morning with some rounds of Junior and Girls. But later in the afternoon, the
organisation had to stop the competition, as the wind was blowing up to 60 knots. I been out on my 6m Obsession to try those extreme conditions : Radical !!!
Finally, we had normal conditions on Tuesday. Gusty Wind, to 35-40 knots, and start of the heats with Mens (I was in the 1st heat !) at 9:00 am with no more that 10°...
I passed my heats one by one until the final, where I met Mallory de la Villemarqué. I had a pretty good riding in the gusty Tramontane, been pretty consistant in my heats. Choice of the kite size was an
important factor as the wind was going a bit up and down. And I choose to ride on my 7m Obsession on all my heats.
With my Victory against Mallory in final, I keep my French Champion Title, for the 4th year in a row. I'm pretty stocked with that !
I'm just back from this event, and I already left to Argentina, for the 8th PKRA event. My next goal is to reach back the Top 5 PKRA in 2010... 3 more events to come...
stay tuned !

No comments:

Post a Comment