Wednesday 27 October 2010

Julien Quentel France Champion Overall!!!

Scoring a great 3rd place in the last Wave Event run in very marginal
contitions, Julien Quentel gained the title of Champion de France
overall 2010, probably the last Overall title in France!
Here you can find his words:
"Conditions were really marginal and I think we could stop the event
at quarterfinals, but I can understand that event organizers want to
close the event with a winner. So, in this kind of conditions, the
only thing to do is to go on the water, trying to do your best. Of
course you need good equipment, but it's mostly about your mind. My goal was to fight
for the overall title and the only one who could take it apart me was
Jules Denel, who is really strong. So I gave my best to keep him
behind me, and when I saw he was out from the contest and me still in,
I felt free and without pressure anymore. Honestly I'm really happy to
have won this Overall Title having compete this last event, and I'm
really sad that this will be the last year in France with this kind of
Overall ranking, since I think that this ranking push you to be more
complete in all the disciplines. I'm really proud of being the last
winner of the France Funboard Overall Title!"

No comments:

Post a Comment