Tuesday 23 February 2010

JESPER: News from WA



Hi

I just cam back from 2 week snowboarding in Japan (Niseko), that is famous for their light powder snow.
We got good conditions every day!!


From the races here in WA,
we have the Wednesday races every week (more social) and I won all races for 2 weeks, just before I left to Japan.
We also had the State WA Slalom Champion chip, where something really strange happened!!

I was comfortably winning all finals on the Xfire 90 and KA 5.8. But one final I broke my outhaul just before the last mark, leading the final. So I had to sail back to the beach and fix it, but thought no problems, as it would be a discard!!

At the price ceremony I realize that the race committee don't have any discards?? after 5 rounds. I have never heard about not having the option to could throw 1 race away after 5 finals?

Anyway so the result was all upside down, and I got 3'rd as my DNF counted? - and of course I was very disappointed in the race comity's choice of rules?
The day was pretty windy with gust up 35kts, and very choppy water. The Xfire 90 was never a problem in the jibes, - always a lot of control :)

We have another race down south over the weekend.

Best regards

Jesper

No comments:

Post a Comment